How Colors Affect Your Business?
Do you want to build a website or product for your own business?
OK good, just pick this color with that one, make them matched together and now voila! We have done Now you can launch your website!
It’s not that easy and simple that You thought!
Color is a tricky thing…
It can change your feeling, emotions, thinking and even your opinions!
Let’s imagine, If you have a product to sell Which color will you choose for your web design?
Your answer could be “any color that attracts the eye may be red, orange or any good design with matched colors will be enough”.
OK, now you picked red and used it. Then what?
Do you know that colors invoke specific feelings in the most of people!
If you choose Red. it will invoke people to feel about energy, Creates urgency and increases heart rate! Yea that’s all that a red color does!
So, What happens if your product talks about relaxing or something doesn’t need energy at all!
When people don’t get attracted by the right feelings about a product which they should feel. Guess what?
They will not buy it. They don’t feel good with the product because it’s color impression on them. Now you picked the wrong color for your product. And this not an easy mistake! It will affect your sales and business too!
For another example, if you are selling a nursery. It’s all about babies and children you don’t want to use a dark color on your website! If you are a customer and search for a nursery then you found it with a black color.
Just imagine how you will feel about it!
How to choose your best color that will affect your customers in the right way? We told you,
Color is a tricky thing!
Let’s explain all the tricks below in order to the Color Psychology which is the science of how color affects human behavior.
First off, You need to follow 4 core principles:
- The right purpose.
- The right audience.
- The right time.
- The right way.
In another way, You should ask yourself about those core principles for having the right color. Then you have to know What each color mean to people.
Yellow: youthful and optimistic. You can use it to grab attention. Usually not good as a background or primary color.
Blue: Creates feelings of trust and security. This is why many banks use it in their logos or marketing like Facebook. Navy or dark blue is used to market to the budget-conscious.
Green: Gives the impression of wealth. Relaxing and easy-going. Teal can be used to appeal to people in a budget.
Orange: Aggressive and excitement. Good for calls to action and impulse buying.
Pink: Feminine and romantic. Used to market to women and girls and traditional buyers.
As we mentioned before,
Red: Energy. Creates urgency and increases heart rate. Good for appealing to impulse shoppers.
Black: Powerful and sleek. Use it to market luxury products and appeal to impulse buyers. “that’s why it called The master of colors! ”
Purple: Soothing and calming. Often used to market anti-aging products.
Color 8 tips that will improve your sells. Here are our simple bits of advice for your website or product.
What the relationship between Colors and Targeting Audience ?
- If your target audience is Men, Men like blue, green, and black. These colors are traditionally associated with maleness. And stay away from purple, orange, and brown.
- If you target Women. Take it as a rule “Pink is not the universally loved female color!” In a survey, Females (35% of them like blue), (23% like purple) and (14% like green) as their favorite color.
- If you want to give a warning about something Use Yellow.
- If the focus of your website/ product relate to nature, environment organic, or outdoors always choose green. Green also is a good call to action color.
- Want a lot of fun? Orange is your chosen color. It creates a sense of haste or impulse.
- Want to Call to action? Choose a bright primary color.
- Don’t forget the most forgotten color WHITE. Today most well-designed websites use white space in the background to create free space and make the user feel comfortable.
- Want to build trust with your clients? Use blue. It’s a color of peace, calmness, loyalty, confidence, and secure.
Finally, You can choose your own website colors now. For the closing question, What is your favorite color?